New here? I’ve put together a short list of the articles that are the most popular here, or that I’ve enjoyed writing the most.
Neuroscience and vision research
Long reads covering fascinating research on vision (including some of my papers!).
- What’s the maximum framerate humans can perceive?
- Hearing radio frequencies
- The eyes of scallops are wild
- Enhanced spatial resolution during locomotion in mice
- Wobblers – this is what happens when the vestibular system shuts down
I’m a neuroscientist by training, and I’ve also been a software engineer at Google. As a service to the community, I’ve put together many tutorials on learning Python.
- A curriculum to learn Python coming from Matlab
- Use this package, not that package – an orientation guide through Python
- Test-driven development to migrate Matlab codebases to Python
- IDEs for scientific Python, rated
Are you a grad student worried about the next step? I’ve been there. Read these, or shoot me an email if you need help.
I love putting together half-baked projects involving a little solder and a lot of duct tape.